Thursday, May 31, 2018

Sugarloaf - Willsboro (5-16-2018)




Aches are to be expected after a big hike. I had a few of them in the days following my adventure at Mount Moosilauke.

I figured the best way to work through them was some more hiking. After scouring my maps, I figured a short 2 mile evening hike at Sugarloaf Mountain in Willsboro might do the trick.

'Loaf is a privately owned mountain within the vicinity of Poke-O-Moonshine & Rattlesnake.



It's trail is well marked. If you go there, please stick to it & obey the rules!

Sugarloaf follows an old jeep path. Near the start of the trail, I crossed a brook and the remains of a very old car.



About a half mile in, the ascent began... And, my post-Moosilauke legs absolutely hated me!

The views from the trail are mostly tree'd in. But, I could make out certain landmarks (ie: Long Pond & Rattlesnake) through the leaves without a problem.



I was wondering if this would be a viewless Summit. I was pleased to find out that Sugarloaf had a lovely view from the East to the South and West!

Beautiful hazy view towards Giant!


This is a quick hike that's close to home which will definitely be something that I will go to for a quick "hiking fix" in the future!

I loved this! Sugarloaf's shadow cast over a house on a smaller mountain.


And you know what? I woke up the next morning and my Moosilauke aches were all gone!

Sugarloaf (Center) from the Route 22 side of Long Pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment