Sunday, July 22, 2018

Fireworks Everywhere! Poke-O-Moonshine 7-4-2018




A few days before the Fourth of July, it dawned on me that it could be fun to do a  Poke-O-Moonshine sunset hike and watch all of the firework displays up and down the Champlain Valley.

This idea reminded me of something my friends and I did when we were a little younger. We drove up the Helderberg Mountains to Thatcher Park and watched the fireworks all over the Capital District. 


I worked on the holiday this year. After finishing up, I made the quick drive to Poke-O and climbed it at the perfect time!

The Friends of Poke-O-Moonshine have
been working vigorously on the mountain
and trail. As of two months ago,
this was a dilapidated cabin. Now, only
the foundation remains.


I made it to the top approximately 20 minutes before the major shows began in Plattsburgh & Burlington (their shows began at 9:30PM).






I didn't bother taking any pictures of the fireworks because my camera is terrible at that sort of thing.
But, it was certainly pretty cool to watch every firework set off within 100 miles.
The sunset to the West over Whiteface was great as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment