Friday, August 18, 2017

Berkeley Green - 6er Bell

After hiking Baker & Haystack Mountains on August 8 with my daughter Kailee, I had completed the Saranac Lake 6er Challenge. So, we had one more stop to make before driving home.

We pulled up to Berkeley Green in Downtown Saranac Lake. It's a cute little park with a stage. On the stage is a Sixer register book where I entered my name and summits. Then in 6er tradition, I turned around and rang the 6er bell while Kailee took some pictures.

A man passing by shouted out "Congratulations!"
I yelled back "Thanks!"


It was a fun little moment that I'm glad Kailee was there for.

One.
The 6er challenge was a lot of fun. When I started it, I was in the worst shape of my life thanks to diverticulitis and some other health issues that I dealt with this year. Two weeks later, when I finished the challenge I was back into alright shape. My legs felt great & I wish I had a scale to document my weight loss.




I would like to extend some thank you's.

Two.
-Thank you Noelle for letting me tag along for the Ampersand hike! It's such an awesome mountain and I had an equally awesome time with you and Beth and Emmie! My body needed this climb! Never-ending thanks!  

-
Thank you everyone who asked me if I was trying to be a 6er after the Ampersand Hike. It really got the idea in my head and put the motivation in place to do it.



Three.
-Thank you Sean for tagging with me for St. Regis & Scarface mountains on back-to-back days. It was great catching up and sharing a bunch of laughs! #PartyTube!





Four.
 -Thanks Ryen for accepting my last minute offer to climb the beast that is McKenzie! It was my third mountain (and biggest) in as many days! I felt such a high level of accomplishment after we KO'd that sucker! Boom. Bam!


Five.





 -Of course, Thank you Kailee for being an all around amazing kid and for helping me finish up the 6er challenge by doing Baker & Haystack with me in one day. I'm always proud of you! You really kicked some butt on the hills & that was so cool!


Six!



No comments:

Post a Comment